Nikon Marketing Problems

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
joejack951
Senior MemberPosts: 2,314Gear list
Like?
Re: So, Which Brand(s) Will Be First To Go?
In reply to KRR, Sep 27, 2012

KRR wrote:

I hear Fuji is not all that committed to their camera business, even though to outsiders like me, they seem very proactive and I am very impressed. I also see Panasonic brand having some stones and we need to remember that Matshushita has huge resources and R&D budgets. Canon and Nikon seem to be playing it safe, copying each other. Maybe a totally new brand get into the game with a real camera with beautiful design. Like, maybe that little design firm called APPLE! So, what does your crystal ball say?

Fuji has to be proactive because they currently don't have a system, unlike Canon and Nikon who have well established, mature systems. Fuji's current system is so incomplete it's almost laughable. Their longest available focal length is 90mm (equivalent). You have ONE zoom option. If they want to have any chance of competing with Canon and Nikon, they need to be releasing lenses as quickly as possible. It's going to take years to catch up regardless.

What is a "real camera"? If it's an interchangeable lens camera, a company needs more than just a "beautiful" body for a system. My crystal ball says that Apple with NEVER even attempt to get into that market as it's so widely divergent from their current products. They have no experience designing even a point and shoot camera (or did they make some attempt years ago?), let alone a multi-function tool designed to be used by a wide range of photo enthusiasts and pros.

joejack951's gear list:joejack951's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow