I want to try film!!!

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris Mak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,286
Like?
Re: I want to try film!!!
In reply to thegreat26, Sep 27, 2012

thegreat26 wrote:

Well not much to say. I just wanted to share it with you. A lot of people around me keep telling me about the old film days and that photography was something special back then.

I keep saying that i am not a photographer but an artist and since photoshop, lightroom, photomatix and so many more software suites are there for us is not a crime to use them.

But deep inside me i know that digital era is much easier and probably i am not the only one here who feels like that.
So what i did....................................

I ve just bought a Pentax ME super to prove everybody wrong. To prove that a digital guy can go analogue as well.

Well just wish me good luck. (And in the end of the day i will have one more piece of art in my hands).
Cheers.

Good luck then!

I must say that I personally feel, that despite the clear advantages, digital photography still hasn't yet reached the level where it has the same awe inspiring effect on me that the better film photography had and still has.

Sometes I see prints that simply captivate me, prints from film photography that is.

I guess it has something, or much, to do with the seemingly endless exposure latitude with film photography, that makes it ideally suitable for magic play with light.

Exposure range is what made me go for the k5, but good as it is, it still is digital and hs the cursed limitations of digital. But I love it nontheless, and one day that digital sensor or technology will arise that can handle light the way film could.

Chris

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow