New LX7 and my first example (nighttime) image

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
dale thorn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,758Gear list
Like?
Re: New LX7 and my first example (nighttime) image
In reply to kkardster, Sep 27, 2012

kkardster wrote:

I agree. However, I only get the left 1/3 of the image showing the shadowy side of the buildiing when expanding - scrolling right "into the light" and things improve a bit. It isn't real sharp, but then it's also just one early example.

I observe this with all pocket cameras - take a photo of a building with small brick detail and if one face is directly lit and a portion of that face or an adjacent face is in shadow, the bricks in the shadow portion will show a lot more smearing (assuming the camera performs noise reduction).

I bought Noise Ninja a couple years ago, which is only marginally useful to me given the effort required to make a significant improvement. I have heard of Noiseware, DeNoise I think it's called, which is supposed to be better. I may buy that at some point and turn down the noise processing on the camera. How well that works in the end depends on the amount of effort required to remove noise without losing detail.

dale thorn's gear list:dale thorn's gear list
Leica D-Lux 6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Leica T
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow