D7000 owners..planning to sell when D7100 or D400 comes ?

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,514Gear list
Like?
Re: Seen before
In reply to Mako2011, Sep 27, 2012

I've followed those threads also. Mine does not appear to be attached to the release button and mine is almost impossible to duplicate when I try to. I will perhaps send it to Nikon someday, but I was not convinced when talking to them that they had a clue what I was trying to explain. If I had a service center near me I would definitely walk it in, but I'm afraid that I will send it in, have it come back the same, and then come here to rant about my experience. I only miss about 1 in a couple hundred shots because of this now that I've adapted my technique and I'd rather do that than be w/o my best body for a month+, with the added expense of shipping and no guarantee that Nikon will find a problem.

Mako2011 wrote:

TOR8472 wrote:

I have a love / hate relationship with my D7000. I love the images it can capture, I hate that I have to check constantly whether the focus has "gone to sleep". This is not the erratic focus performance some talk about. Mine just stops focusing and I need to wake it up by moving the focus ring or giving it a tightening twist against the body. At least it is very obvious when it happens.

Known problem. Have seen two like that in the past year or so. I think it's due to a weak spring in the lens release button or such. Nikon can fix it.

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow