Rattlesnaking still a problem?

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
azazel1024
Senior MemberPosts: 1,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Rattlesnaking still a problem?
In reply to Timur Born, Sep 27, 2012

Well, I've only had an hour of time with my PL25 since I got home from work last night and unboxed it. At least indoors I cannot get it to rattlesnake (my OM-D E-M5 is running v1.2 firmware).

My 45mm I can get to rattlesnake quietly if I point it right at a strong light source and then away indoors. It is quiet, but I can hear the aperture clicking if the room is quiet.

Doing the same thing with the PL25 produces no audible noise (though I haven't looked down the lens to see if the apeture is physically moving or not).

I generally do not use EVF refresh mode high (and it is not set right now).

I'll see if I can play with it when I get home this evening, while the sun is still up to see if it'll do it.

I am extremely impressed with the optical quality of this lens though. I dislike the size/weight, but the optical quality is just astounding.

Focusing is kind of slowish though and it tends to hunt a bit. A little faster than my 17/2.8, but almost completely silent. My 14, 30 and 45 deffinitely focus faster, but no quieter. Focus speed is tolerable though.

It is a big lens though (not that heavy for its size however).
--

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

azazel1024's gear list:azazel1024's gear list
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow