Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,910Gear list
Like?
Sony Money?
Sep 27, 2012

So what do you think Sony's money and influence as the largest shareholder means for the photographic division; and in particular 4/3rds?

I can imagine that Sony has a lot to gain from investing in the medical imaging division where Olympus is a market leader. I think Olympus has a lot to gain in their photography department from Sony if they can work a deal on sensors, EVFs, SLT designs...

It seemed that when Oly was working with Panasonic, they had a hard time getting the newest and best of Panasonic CMOS sensors. Sony, on the other hand seems to have no problem selling their best and newest sensors to other companies. They have been supply Nikon and many others for years.

My take is that this is only good news for Olympus, enabling them to get back on their feet after the financial fiasco, and get back on track with R&D. 4/3rds R&D? New SLT technology (like the old E10 and E20)? Who knows.

Cheers,
Seth
--
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

-- hide signature --

wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Pentax Optio E20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow