Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RAMcG
Regular MemberPosts: 454
Like?
7D Sports Settings
Sep 27, 2012

I'm a dad with a camera and I shoot my son's football games. I started with a Canon 20D when it came out and moved to a 50D when it came out. In shooting sports, I shoot in AI Servo on high speed, using the center point for focusing and the back button to activate the focus lock. I almost exclusively use a Canon 70-200L for sports. Nothing high end, but I'm all they've got.

I'm borrowing a friend's Canon 7D to try it out this weekend. He is not into sports shooting, so I can't really ask him about focus settings. I've heard a lot of chatter about the 7D focusing system. From what I can gather, it is great, provided you set it up correctly for what you're trying to accomplish. I'm not going to have a ton of time to experiment with the body, so I was hoping that sports shooters could supply the settings they use for sports.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

RAM

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow