ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zalan
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
Thinking of switching to Fuji
Sep 27, 2012

Hi,

I've been a Nikon user since the D70, at the beginning I did sports photography (ice hockey) and loved the Nikon system, I had the pro zooms (17-55 and 70-200 VR) and other lenses as well. I never liked the size and weight of the system, but it was not an issue in the ice rink. Things changed since, I do not do any sports anymore, I also got a family now and started fishing as a hobby again. I find less and less use for my current Nikon D300, mostly sits in the closet. Now I only do family stuff, some travel and general nature photography (mostly landscapes) and also fishing photos, but this last one mostly use a compact.

Started to investigate about a smaller camera for some time, but have not found the perfect solution. High-end compacts are not good enough and getting more and more expensive here in Hungary, Nikon is making everything bigger and more expensive as well and I started to look at the mirorrless systems. I really wanted to like the Nikon 1, but it is aimed too low in my opinion, I never liked the Nex and the m4/3 for some reason, but this new XE-1 caught my attention. The system seems high quality, significantly smaller and lighter than Nikon DX and simply appealing. It is not cheap though and in order to get into the system, I would need to sell the Nikon gear to finance it.

The question is, do you think that the Fuji will be a good fit for what I want to use it for? I want to take the camera to fishing with me more often and would need to do the family stuff as well. I highly value portability and the system with the lens roadmap is complete enough, I mean I could find every lens I might need. Am I nuts to think about switching to Fuji?
Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --
 Zalan's gear list:Zalan's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
Nikon D300 Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow