Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scott Pickering
Regular MemberPosts: 309
Like?
Annoyed With Adobe
Sep 27, 2012

A year ago I upgraded from Photoshop Elements 5 to Elements 10, just so it would support RAW conversion on a Canon Rebel T2i. Well last June I sold that camera and bought a Nikon D3200. In May or so, they did a RAW update on Elements 10, but it was 1 month too early for my Nikon to be supported. Then in June Adobe came out with RAW 7.1 which did support my camera, but 7.1 was not supported under Elements 10. So while Elements 10 was still the current product, I waited 4 months for them to provide an updated RAW converter for my camera. Nope. Now that Elements 11 is released, it does support the D3200. But Adobe will not update the RAW files in previous products anymore. They used to support this update for a few years, but now they won't support it for more then a year anymore. Which means it could get expensive if you replace your camera every couple years. On Blu Ray players, they support updates for at least 3 years. Other software products sometimes the same story. But Adobe decided to stop support once the product is no longer active. I find this a bit of poor customer support if you ask me. Now because they dragged their feet on providing an update for my camera, I have to buy their new product at yet more expense, even though my previous version is only a year old and is still perfectly usable- if not needing the raw converter. Anyone else annoyed by this?

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow