Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
me_tarzan
Regular MemberPosts: 214
Like?
ACDSee Pro 6
Sep 27, 2012

I just tried ACDSee Pro 6, using images from my Pentax K5.

I suspect newbies would not be able to see any difference between Pro 5 and the latest incarnation. There are differences, of course but they would be hardly called "major". - I've only had a quick look at the program though. There may prove to be much more robust and worthwhile changes, as I use the program more. ACDSee are offering the upgrade for $99 - ie "big reduction". On the face of it, it doesn't seem to be worth spending that amount, if you have Pro 5. Certainly, if you have Pro 3, it might be a good opportunity to upgrade.

I like ACDSee. It's not as sophisticated as Lightroom 4 (or 3 for that matter) but it's easy to use, does most of what we need and handles RAW files reasonably well.

The dodge, burn and desaturate tools are useful. I would like to suggest that ACDSee offer selective area noise reduction in furure releases.

The program handles the (large) RAW files of the K5 fairly quickly. All in all, a polished program that will be of use to many Pentaxians.
Ian

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow