Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rssarma
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,400Gear list
Like?
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!
Sep 27, 2012

Just got my Panasonic 7-14mm F/4 lens, this lens is TINY!!!

I'm used to doing all my UWA work with my D700 + Sigma 12-24mm F/4-5.6 lens, which by the way is an amazing lens for the price, so when I got the Pana lens, I was totally blown away by how amazingly small it is compared to this combo! THIS is what m4/3s is all about, isn't it??

Now, don't get me wrong, the Sigma is actually one heck of a lens for the price, it's the widest rectilinear lens currently available on any format and it's really sharp at all apertures, tack sharp when stopped down to F8. It's also pretty light and well-built, but it's still pretty big.

In terms of focal lengths, the Sigma still wins as it's not only wider, the 3:2 aspect of the sensor actually adds to it.

The OM-D with the Pana lens is amazing for portability and it has IBIS to boot as well. Now what I don't get is, if they can shrink the 7-14mm lens to this size, what on earth is stopping them from doing a decent sized 12-60mm F/4 HG lens for m4/3???

First test image from E-M5 + Pana 7-14

-- hide signature --
 rssarma's gear list:rssarma's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +5 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow