Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ozgoldman
Contributing MemberPosts: 591
Like?
A77 v A99 fps dilemma.
Sep 27, 2012

Like many I have been waiting for the A99 for some time. I was going to buy the A77 as it was a substantial upgrade from my A55, but decided to wait for the A99.

I am the unofficial photographer for my daughter’s school, and most of the pics I take relate to extensive movement (eg. Sports activities), where the 10 fps on my A55 is used a great deal.

However, I noticed that when using this facility with subjects approaching the camera quickly the continuous focus was somewhat wanting.
With the A77 going to 12 fps that would suit better.

I have no experience with the A77 but suspect that the continuous focus may also be lacking in some respects using fps mode. Hopefully others using the A77 can enlighten me in this respect.

In view of the A99 dropping back to 6fps, possibly this is as good as the technology is at the moment for continuous focus to be accurate, for the funds required to buy this camera.

I guess I could go to higher level Canon, Nikon, but would prefer to remain with Sony in view of the G lenses that I already have.

Can those with more experience with the A77, A99 give me some advice as to the quality of results from A77 and A99 using the fps facility thanks.

-- hide signature --

ozgoldman

Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow