Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chuck Lantz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,184Gear list
Like?
Very basic X3f-jpg question
Sep 26, 2012

This has probably been answered before here, but here goes.

Until a couple of months ago I've left all the image controls in my SD15 at default. (These are the controls for sharpness, contrast, etc.) If I recall correctly, those in-camera controls only apply to the jpg review image, and do not change the X3f image.

Anyway, I changed the in-camera image control to full sharpness, just to see what happened.

I use FastPictureViewer to go through all my images quickly, to select which ones I want to copy, save and process in SPP and Corel. Since changing the sharpness control in-camera, I've noticed that the jpg image I'm seeing in FastPictureViewer is dead-bang on the money re sharpness.

Since I shoot in RAW only, rather than RAW+jpg, I know that what I'm seeing in FPV is only the review jpg. My question is, is there a way I can find and save that jpg image? I realize that it's a small res image, but since it's going to an online news site, size doesn't matter. If I want a full-res image I can use the RAW version later. Using the review jpg will save me a bunch of time when meeting deadlines.

-- hide signature --

"I'm hooked on The Look"

"If they're not screaming at you to get out of the way, you're not close enough" - I thought this was original, but it's very close to what someone else said. Oh, well.

"Not to compete whole-heartedly, with a will to win, degrades the sport and insults the competition" - anonymous Olympic long-distance runner

"Mongo not know ... Mongo just pawn in game of life." - Mongo

http://www.ChuckLantz.com

Chuck Lantz's gear list:Chuck Lantz's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +19 more
Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow