Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
petrhino
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
D600 ergonomics/question for Canon switchers
Sep 26, 2012

I'm a hobbyist who has used a Canon APS-C for the past couple of years and am excited to make the jump to a full frame camera. Since I don't have a ton invested in Canon lenses, I am open to anything. I suppose all things being equal I'd stick with Canon, but on paper, all things do not appear equal, and the D600 seemed like a pretty clear choice for me.

I went and played with one at a local store, along with a 5D Mark III and now I have a dilemma. The 5D Mark III felt much better in my hands and I also preferred the layout of the buttons and the menu system on the 5D Mark III. Some of this is surely due to my familiarity with Canon. For me, the price difference between the D600 and 5D Mark III is a big factor in favor of the D600 and the spec sheet is a big factor in favor of the D600 over the 6D.

I'm wondering if anyone else who preferred the Canon ergonomics and menus can share their experiences switching to Nikon. I'll never "know" unless I make the switch, but I wonder if I won't worry about it after using the Nikon for a few months or whether I might always regret it. Impossible question I suppose, but interested in opinions nonetheless.

petrhino's gear list:petrhino's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow