Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lturnerwa
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
D800 Concerns
Sep 26, 2012

Like a number of users out there I'm coming from a DX (D300) to my first FF camera. I have shot test files (in the store) with both D800 and D600 (raw) and worked with them in both LR and PS 6 so I'm aware of the size issues.

I'm a pro-sumer, which means I don't make my living with my camera, however I expect professional results. I shoot everything, landscapes, people, travel, some action like kids playing, birds and animals, not to much sports.

I have 70-200 2.8 and 105 2.8 Macro and 50 1.8. I would get for now the 24-85 bu at some point will look a the 24-70 2.8.

What concerns me about the D800 from all that I have read is how big a pain is to use on day to day basis with issue like:

motion blur
sharpness
focus issues ( ie technique)
having to shoot at fast shutter speeds
shooting in low light

I read comments like it's a "studio camera" a "tripod camera". I would like to get feed back from some D800 user who have used it for more that an month. Any showstoppers for you.

As for the D600, I really wonder what I'm giving up and would I be sorry later, the same goes for the D800 only it's not what I give but how much pain and frustration I'm going to have.

I'm considering renting one for a day but it about $250 a day, it might be money well spent.

Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow