Why would one be compelled to upgrade to a GX2?

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jazzbass62
Senior MemberPosts: 1,728Gear list
Like?
Why would one be compelled to upgrade to a GX2?
Sep 26, 2012

As one who recently bought a GX1 at what amounts to fire-sale pricing, I'm wondering what could make a GX2 a compelling upgrade path? The dearth of info from Photokina has left a void.

• I prefer a detachable EVF and will use the DMW-LVF2

• My GX1 already has a 16MP sensor with pretty great performance (eg, I'm shooting and pushing up into ISO 1600 without too much worry with nice IQ - see example)

• In about 6 months I feel I would be able to get a good deal on an E-PM2 or PL5 that uses an OMD sensor - I don't mind owning and having fun with both an Oly and Panny

Maybe, because I'm a neophyte at using the GX1 I'm overlooking something - but I'm not sure what would drive people up into GX2 unless it was their first RF body, as they transition in to m4/3 from another camera system. I've seen posts by others indicating that Panny may bring the GX2 to par with the G5... I don't know what that means as I haven't paid much attention to the features of the G5, I stand in need of enlightenment I guess... I guess my view on the GX1 is that it is definitely a worthy successor to the venerable GF-1, a camera that many are still shooting happily with. I see the GX1 as sitting in that position for a good while...

What is your opinion?

I'm having fun with the 14mm f/2.5 and the new GX1!

-- hide signature --

Cleve

jazzbass62's gear list:jazzbass62's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow