Preorder XE1 kit or body only?

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
Like?
Re: Preorder XE1 kit or body only?
In reply to marike6, Sep 26, 2012

If you want zoom then ep1+zoom is way to go, if don't look at the discounts on xpro1, it is sold now for great discount.

marike6 wrote:

It's a much better deal to get the X-E1 zoom kit. I also prefer primes, but this zoom with IS and an f2.8-4 aperture range looks very nice. At least here in the States, the zoom is $699 alone. With the kit being $1399, that means you are essentially getting the body for $700, and superb deal.

I am totally torn between the better VF for the X-Pro1 and the smaller and less expensive X-E1 kit. And one of the main reasons I'm interested in the X-E1 is that, even though the 35 1.4 is a certain buy, the zoom is interesting for it's wide end (18mm) and step-less design which should make it the fastest focussing X lens yet. Practically the only reason I'm thinking of waiting for the X-E1 and not getting an X-Pro1 now (even though I'm 95% convinced I'd be happier with an OVF) is I don't want to have to pay $699 for the zoom later on. Make sense?

Anyway, you could get the kit, and if you find the zoom replaces the 18 f2 you're all set. If for some reason the zoom doesn't suit you, you'll have no problem selling it. Good luck.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow