Question about GH2 and lenses

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
gmoniey
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Re: Question about GH2 and lenses
In reply to Detail Man, Sep 26, 2012

Thanks Ryan and Detail Man...

I'll try and answer both of your questions here are there is some overlap.

I agree, I should definitely get a book, as I could use the help.

As for the type of camera, I have been leaning towards a micro 4/3 as opposed to a traditional DSLR because I want

a) portability, and smaller size

b) After playing around with my friends' DSLRs, I can't help but feel that there is a lot of bells & whistles I'll never take advantage of.

I've went into a camera shop (Samy's Camera in Los Angeles) before to test things out, but I always seem to feel overwhelmed. Maybe I'm not asking the right questions, and deep down, I can't help but feel that the sales guys is just trying to make a sale.

Also, as Ryan mentioned, I do very little post-editing (often because of a lack of time), so my hope is that the pictures I get from the camera (and I understand, this is of course assuming I am using it correctly), require little effort after the fact.

As far as subject matter, I have a 1 year old son, so he is my most common subject =]. But more generally, most of my pictures are around people. I seldom do scenic/nature shots, but that doesn't mean I wont shoot I nice sunset if I see it, just that my focus is usually on people rather than places. Similarly, I'd use a telephoto lens to zoom in on a face rather than a bird in the distance. In regards to lighting, its pretty all over the place (sorry, I can't be more specific), as I'll use the camera to take random shots in doors, but also take it on vacations and take outdoor pictures.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow