Shots from my first ever Wedding Shoot (IMGS)

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,345
Like?
Shots from my first ever Wedding Shoot (IMGS)
Sep 26, 2012

Last Saturday I shot my very first wedding on assignment.

A bit scary, but exhilirating for someone who loves photographing people as much as I do.

We covered over 12 hours of preparation and festivities with three Olympus cameras: E-3 used by my daughter (who was along as light assistant, with the reflector for some shots, but mostly as second shooter) and E-5 and E-M5 used by myself.

We mounted a wide variety of lenses, partly because we had agreed with the bride and groom that we would adopt a "journalistic" approach with minimal if any use of flash. They had seen previous reportage work of mine and had liked it, so that was the style we agreed upon. So we used fast lenses as much as possible, and also ventured into the high ISOs, especially during the evening festivities that were in a posh dinner place with only mood-enhancing lighting (read: dark!).

I'm still in the middle of selection and processing, but here are some images that I wanted to share.
C&C is welcome and highly appreciated.

Please respect that these images are not yet client-approved, so I must ask to refrain from downloading the embedded images and posting them anywhere else, even if your only intention would be to show me a PP idea or something like that.

Bride and groom right after she has descended from the stairs to show the dress:

The ring-bearers waiting to make their entrance into church:

The bride watching the choir, snapped from behind the altar, looking over floral decorations:

An intimate moment alone, not long before the cake-cutting and first dance:

Cake cutting in a totally darkened venue (except for the sparklers):

Bride with icecream:

First dance, in colour (this took a LOT of PP):

First dance, in B&W:

Father of the bride while the party in in full swing:

[Camera was set to S priority and 1/80, in order to catch some of the frenzied dancing under mixed party lighting (the spots are not dust, but specks of laser beams that accompanied swirling, multi-coloured patches of light). At 1/80, only the well-timed moments came out OK; when it's dark, it's TOO dark. This one was actually quite a bit too dark, but converting to B&W and extreme PP made it usable, at least IMHO. The thing is, I feel one cannot use flash on such a moment without ruining it...]

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx

lots of images : http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow