FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Macro shots from Olympus 60mm, using the Metz macro flash
In reply to X_Holger, Sep 26, 2012

X_Holger wrote:
Thank you for your advice on the 15 MS-1

FrankParis wrote:

I set the camera in manual mode, shutter speed 1/160 of a second. f/stop of 16 doesn't give any noticeable image degradation but I haven't yet made a large print (15"x20") to see how the diffraction holds up.
--
Frank Paris

Diffraction effects are usually slightly visible at F11 on micro four thirds lenses, F16 might be a bit too much.

Yes, I was aware of that. In any case, I just ordered a high quality 15"x20" print of image #37 of the album featured in this thread. It's shot at f/16. It's an abstract design I found on a tree trunk that looks sharp on my calibrated 1920x1200 LaCie 324 monitor, but because of the nature of the image, the diffraction degradation may not be apparent. I mean there's nothing in our normal experience of naked eye viewing of nature that our perception can relate to. It's like looking at abstract art -- if I may be so bold as to refer to my image as "art." It's art for me, albeit happenstance art. I didn't "see" it when I took the picture, only when I was reviewing it later. It has a very low "hit" count relative to my other images in the album, something I predicted in my commentary. It looks like a mess at the scale of the thumbnail.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow