Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phlumgiggle
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
J2 or V1.. opinions?
Sep 26, 2012

The J2 has introduce a metallic body and a few other features that are found on the V1. Also, the current pricing of the new J2 and the V1 are making the decision even more difficult.. V1: I am not sure I NEED the view finder (I have no issues using the LCD on my camcorder for recording movies and never use the view finder), I've read back and forth discussions on the shutter types and currently have not formed an opinion, having the mic input is nice but I have a dedicated audio recorder--those are the biggest differences that I see. Oh, the flash.. but are V1 users using the optional flash? WIth the J2 I really like the new option for easy on and off just by adjusting the lens.. might sound silly but that's the option that is pulling towards the J2.

I have $600 to spend and am trying to get the best for my cash.. something that I can use as a day to day carry around and to use for video.. something my current DSLR (D80) doesn't have.

So, to restate, if you were in the market now, would you go J2 or V1?

Thanks!

Nikon 1 J2 Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow