Z990 - Train Car and a Steam Engine.

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
124c41
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: Z990 - Train Car and a Steam Engine.
In reply to SW Anderson, Sep 26, 2012

Thanks for posting those most interesting photos, Nick. I'm very interested in railways and steam power in particular. I see that two engines (aka locomotives) from that museum were used in the movies The Greatest Show On Earth and Von Ryan's Express, both of which I've seen and enjoyed.

Hello SW Anderson-- Mister Anderson--may I call you 'Neo'? Lol :-). I find that controlling highlights is very difficult and like you say, it it was not easy shooting colour negative but digital seems a totally different ball game and my DX7590, being much older than the Z990 is surely worse in that respect. It's just as well that most of the time the lighting here is a lot less harsh than it is in California. That is when the sun is out--a rare event in my part of the UK in at least the last four years!

Friends, do you do any post processing? I have been experimenting with two free programs--FastStone and Neat Image and where highlights are not totally blown, it's surprising what detail may be recovered.

Regards,

Ralph. DX7590, Sony H2.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow