D800 - Can't get sharp images - focus woes

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
JimFromDenmark
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 - Can't get sharp images - focus woes
In reply to JimFromDenmark, Sep 26, 2012

Mine has been in for service the last 7+ weeks, yes WEEKS.

First repair was 10 days, acceptable indeed. Conclusion from Service Center:"AF is spot on 100%"

Went home, did same test as before. Same problem. Returned for service again. Conclusion:"We can't fix it better than we did allready." "We can send it to another country for a 2nd oppinion repair".

So now my D800 has stranded in Stockholm, with the Status of:"Missing adjustment tools". It's been there for more than 5 weeks.

Nikon doesn't really gives a rats ass(sry for language), neither does my dealer, which is a Nikon Certified Pro Dealer(with NPS agreement) and all the fixings. I always buy there, since I'm NPS.

Nikon people with stars on shoulders, won't talk to people on the phone(at least not me), so the service personnel asked me to create a ticket on their homepage. That's 3 days ago, still no news.

So basically, I'm f*cked.

-Dealer would not replace camera, told me to get it serviced

-Service center claims a 100% accurate focus function using PDAF, can't replace camera without Nikon's consent. Furthermore, the can't repair it better that they allready did.
-Nikon referred me to my dealer, as they're the ones replacing the camera.

Notice anything funny above?

Of course I have hundreds of test images, documentation, etc. etc. But don't deny that there is an issue, just be happy if your D800/E doesn't have it.

-- hide signature --

Best regards
Jim
--
Best regards
Jim

JimFromDenmark's gear list:JimFromDenmark's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow