My quick preview with the D600 at Jessops - coming from a D40X and D3100

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
harry
Senior MemberPosts: 2,999Gear list
Like?
Re: My quick preview with the D600 at Jessops - coming from a D40X and D3100
In reply to anirbana, Sep 26, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. The 50mm 1.4 is a fine and fast lens which gave you the full potential of D600 in terms of working with ISO setting for best IQ. That said, I always would use the analogy of car ownership. If you got a dependable Lexus, you could drive it for 200K+ miles (or in your case, 300K+ km) for many years, even though you wouldn't have all the latest bluetooth, MP3, internet access, and GPS capabilities. It would still be very comfortable, take you to wherever you go, but inevitably look "aged" to the eyes of many.

I am sure in a few years, the likes of D600 (or D3200 for that matter), will come with GPS, Android, bluetooth - standard! Your old D600 would be still working fine and producing beautiful images.

One can never predict the future. When D1 first came out more than 10 years ago, it was deemed an instant classic. Nowadays, there have been so many "instant classics" that few would even bother the D1 anymore, especially with the advance in ISO.

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot A40 Nikon Coolpix P50 Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon Coolpix P300 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow