M43 Shutter Shock revisited New Article with EM5 data

Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Adrian Harris
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,028Gear list
Like?
Re: M43 Shutter Shock - Thank you all
In reply to axlotl, Sep 26, 2012

Ever since I bought a 45-200 for my G1 I was so disappointed with the results. Yet occasionally I would get a really sharp result, - which puzzled me. Lab tests at home showed it to perform really well, yet out in the field (with generally poorer light) mainly I got failure after failure.

Examining the images didn't make sense to me, but now that I have found this thread and read through, all is becoming clear. I will now do my upmost to operate within the 'safe' shutter speed region whenever possible.

I must say I am quite excited about the new GH3 having a electronic first shutter - which should totally eradicate these problems, but woul far rather upgrade to the OMD-5 due to its inbuilt IBIS and also is fantastic dynamic range.

Q: Will the OMD ever be brought out with an electronic shutter - I do hope so. I will be first on the list (as long as they don't downgrade the sensor at the same time - I say that, as it appears in tests that the GH3 doesn't have as good a sensor as the OMD?).

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow