Need advice for 135mm Len

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
s0n1c87
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Re: long len
In reply to Letsgokoulos, Sep 26, 2012

Ya its semi indoor with top shelter so there is still abit of dalight from outside. If f4 is gonna be at 210mm, it's gonna be quite dark. Im not sure if 3.5 will be enough for me.I think I saw canon fd 200mm f2.8 on sales before, quite an exp lens.

Letsgokoulos wrote:
Keep in mind that the Vivitar 70-210mm :

• Version 1 and 3 are a constant f3.5 from 70 to 210mm

• Version 3, 4 and 5 are f2.8 at 70mm and f4 at 210mm

I do not know how good or bad the lighting is in a swimming pool (I assume it is indoor ?), so it is difficult to confirm whether this should work. I guess with a tripod and zone focusing, providing you can get enough light, you may be fine.

One last important thing to consider : the Vivitar 70-210mm being around 900g (versions 1 and 3, which are the best) or 700g (versions 2, 4 and 5), mounting the tripod on the Nex is quite hazardous. I personnally do not mount anything heavier than the Sony 18-200mm (524g) using the camera mount, and use either a lens adapter with a built-in tripod extension or tripod mounts directly on the lens.

Marc

s0n1c87 wrote:

I'm a swimming fan actually. There is a fina world swimming comp gonna to be held in the coming nov. so would like to shoot them personally in action. Spoke to an photographer 2months back, he shoot in 200mm f2.8. So I guess vivitar 210mm shld be enough for me, provided I am fast enough to do the manual focus.?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow