To Landscapers with 5DII

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
sacentre
Senior MemberPosts: 1,179
Like?
Re: Electronic level
In reply to Rick880, Sep 26, 2012

What's wrong with just using one of the many bubble levels you can get that sit in the hot-shoe? or using a ball-head with a built-in level?

Rick880 wrote:

Interesting you said that electronic level is "not necessary but it helps". I thought it is an essential feature for shooting landscape handheld. It is the reason that I did not buy 5D2 and now balk at 6D. (What Canon is thinking to give 6D only one-axis electronic level? A marketing checklist item for unscrupulous buyers?) 5D3 is nice if one can justify the purchase.

Saturoldan wrote:

Thanks for your answers, you helped me! I try not to be a geek with a new toy but logical with my needs…

I finally decided to save up and going with 5D3. Better IQ at high ISO for stars shots, better body seal, 100% viewfinder, +-3EV compensation, electronic level (not necessary but it helps), FEL button, double memory store, Q button, and as a second body for my 1DIV, better FPS, best AF and silent mode at 3FPS when needed. If I put everything into perspective, I think it´s worth the money for me.

I still don´t like the on/off button or zoom in/out button position and hate the viewfinder shutter rubber, or why cannot be the mirror lock up associated to a button… Nothing’s perfect!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow