Just posted my review of the E-PL5...

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
DonTom
Regular MemberPosts: 496Gear list
Like?
Re: very nice and tight review
In reply to amalric, Sep 26, 2012

amalric wrote:

What surprised me is the crispness of the bodycap/lens. Your pictures on Flickr are not full sized, so can you confirm the sharpness? It would make my E-P2 very pocketable, and ready to shoot, as you remark.

Am.
--

I'm in agreement with you amalric. The Lomography afficionados are going to be disappointed with this lens! Yet again, the lenses that Olympus produce make it less likely for me to upgrade my camera body.

I'd much rather buy this body cap and the 60/2.8 macro than the E-PL5 etc. What I notice about the 15/8 is the lack of flare. Two shots directly into the sun, without flare? Also, it looks like there is very little distortion or vignetting, going by the bookstore shot.

I think I could manage fine with the 15/8 and the 60/2.8 as my daytime travel lenses, keeping the faster primes for the evening.

Cheers, Tom
--
"Is that a Filofax?"
"No, it's a Moleskine with interchangeable leaves....."

DonTom's gear list:DonTom's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow