Preorder XE1 kit or body only?

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,347
Like?
Re: Preorder XE1 kit or body only?
In reply to pghrugger, Sep 26, 2012

I have the X Pro 1 now with the 35mm and I purchased the kit with the 18-55 because it was a good deal bundled like that.

In any event, I think it is really hard to plan lenses at this time because the system is still in its infancy and there are so few available. For instance, I do not plan to keep the 35mm or the 18-55mm in the long run, but if I didn't have them, I wouldn't be able to use my X-cams at all.

It all comes down to what you shoot.

I use a lot of UWA, so I will stick with my E-M5 with the 7-14 for that until Fuji releases their 10-24.

I shoot at 35mm (ff equiv) a lot, so I'll stick with the X100 for that until Fuji releases the 23mm.

I like 85mm a lot, so I stick to the E-M5 with the 45mm 1.8 until Fuji releases the 56mm.

And beyond that I use the Olympus 75mm 1.8 and the 75-300 on the E-M5 until Fuji releases the 55-200.

The nice thing about the 18-55 though is that I will get my 35mm and 85mm soon enough, just without the speed of the primes.

pghrugger wrote:

I've seen a lot of posts about XE1 preorders and I'm wondering, are people preordering the kit or the body only? I can't decide what to do. If I get the body only ill probably get then 35mm lens and then the 23mm when it comes out. But my other thought is to get the kit and then the 23mm and maybe the 32mm Zeiss when it comes out. Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow