D700 "budget" lenses for landscape

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Velde
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: D700 "budget" lenses for landscape
In reply to Sante Patate, Sep 25, 2012

To give this thread proper ending I have decided to write about my final decision. I had opportunity to test the D700 for two days during last weekend. It turned up that the camera is quite heavy for my use. I have ditched the idea of cheap midrange zoom because the camera is just too heavy for taking everyday snapshots.

My next idea was to keep the K20d for everyday use and to use D700 just for “assignments”. But running two systems is something I would really like to avoid. So I decided that my full frame desire has been served and that I should stick to more earthly ideas.

My final decision is to buy D7000 for the camera body. As wide angle lens I will chose one of the Tokina lenses, preferably 11-16 f2.8 since I can use it for astro work. For everyday use I will take the Nikon 18-105 VR and Tamron 17-50 f2.8. It seems that the sweet spot of the Tamron lens is around 28mm, and I can use it to do some stiches. For tele I will try to find a good Nikon 75-150 E lens and for portrait I will buy Nikon 50 f1.4 G lens. This setup is all I need. For later I will see if FF midrange zoom could be useful for me. I was thinking of Nikon 24-120, but I will have enough time to rethink it.

I will start saving money for Nikon 800 and 14-24 lens. I guess in three years I will be just there.

Thank you all for your insights.

Best regards to all

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow