DPREVIEW are SO right about Canon Marketing machine...

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thelensmeister
Contributing MemberPosts: 865
Like?
DPREVIEW are SO right about Canon Marketing machine...
Sep 25, 2012

And now they have said it in writing online. I have said it also for years.

The 6D summing up statement was so right. So right. Canon could so whip Nikons ass and delight their loyal customers in the process but no, they have to divide their lines and put backwards tech into new products. Always the same.

Well maybe not always but when the original 5D was released it was the only choice on the market for afforadble FF and the 5DII gave the 1DsIII sensor in a cheaper body so many portrait peeps were happy despite AF that was developed years previously.

And so the 6D, no reason not to make it 100%VF and maybe distinguish re use the 5DII screens that are available. Yes you could argue they wouldnt work with the -3EV AF. Probably true but 100% VF would be no sweat. Nikon doesnt sweat.

I dont want it but why not be the innovator and use a swivel touchscreen? I mean really.

And then there is the G series. Always the same thing there, add a flip screen, remove RAW, slow lens, fast lens, never everything at once, too scared to produce a camera people would actually want to own.

Nikon try to do this, Fuji try to do this, Canon use to do this.

I always point new people to the Nikon range.

Me? I will probably just buy a 2nd 5DIII at some point... it is rather good

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MSRPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow