iphone 5 need a great photo app

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
j.m.young
Regular MemberPosts: 430Gear list
Like?
Re: iphone 5 need a great photo app
In reply to Hulamike, Sep 25, 2012

Hulamike wrote:

As mentioned in another thread recently, I have 12 camera apps on my iPhone 4. Most have already updated to iOS 6. Some are specialty cams for things like auto stitching, stop action video clips, etc. All are fun but some certainly are better than others! And like you, I stay clear of the one button wonders like Hipstamatic, et all. I still like telling a camera what to do, not the other way round.

The best overall camera app I've found is 645 PRO and its brother, 6x6. Both shoot very clean high jpeg that rivals quality I get from my Nikon D7000. In some situations its better. Another good one is Camera+ but 645 PRO produces a better image.

Another important thing is to use add on lenses. They actually improve contrast and saturation. I like the Olliclip. They're developing one for iphone 5. B&H, Amazon and Photojojo all have add on lenses.

My avatar was shot with the 6x6 app on iPhone 4 in antique B&W setting. I know you can't tell but the full sized file is amazingly clean. If I had flash on this iPad I'd upload a larger file.

645 PRO is by far the best Camera APP for the iPhone. It does have filters but they

can be completely turned off in the settings. Only down side is you really do need to take the time tho go through the manual to get the most out of it.

j.m.young's gear list:j.m.young's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow