Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lds2k
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
My D800 Concerns
Sep 25, 2012

I plan to make the move from a Nikon DX to FX sensor. I’ve been waiting for a long time to make this move and I think the time is now. With D600 and D800 I have 2 very good choices. To be clear, this is not a conversation about what are your requirements and how many pixels do you really need? This is mostly an emotional decision. I just want it.

I’ve read the fora and have seen very good discussions about the Pro’s an Con’s of each camera. However, nowhere have I seen anyone talk about the impact of working with 36MP. Does having a 36MP image mean I have to replace my PC, triple by active and backup storage and wait and wait when I hit enter?

I know about the image quality but can someone tell me what it’s like working with a 36MP image in Photoshop with X layers? Same for other tools. Did you replace your PC?

lds2k's gear list:lds2k's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +12 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow