How will the D600 or D800 transform your photography?

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
instamatic
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,557
Like?
It won't
In reply to eNo, Sep 25, 2012

D600 won't transform my photography. I already use the D700. A local major consumer electronics retailer has the D600 in stock already and having tried it out this past weekend I prefer the D700 ergonomics. The D600 is also quite heavy. I expected it less so.

For some, certainly the megapixel boost will be helpful, but I find that getting crisply focused portrait pictures with a shallow depth of field is enough of a challenge even for a 12 MP full-frame camera, requiring high discipline and proper technique, while at the same time quickly flipping between metering modes.

Now on the other hand, if Nikon made and produced a digital N65 with a full-frame sensor, or at least a D5000 with better ergonomics, I would definitely buy it as my vacation, walkaround camera.

Now what would it take, a 2.5" LCD display, pentamirror, 12-16 megapixel full-frame sensor, main and sub command dials, on-the-body switch between metering modes, on-the-body switch between remote release and normal release, FP high speed flash sync, N65 or similar body. That's my dream digital SLR for fun that I would like to buy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow