Anyone with OMD and Metz 50 AF-1 flash?

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
madzazulu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297
Like?
Re: Anyone with OMD and Metz 50 AF-1 flash?
In reply to Kweide, Sep 25, 2012

OK, OK :).

Kweide wrote:

madzazulu wrote:

What's wrong ?. That's what works on my OM-D and Metz 50 AF-1. If it's not supposedly to work like that then as I've said it depends on the flash since I do not design/decide how the system should work.

Kweide wrote:

madzazulu wrote:

M mode in RC menu will only work with M Servo in Metz. The TTL and M modes are supported on the RC but it's up to your flash if it can handle it or not. Try the same scenario with Olympus flash such as FL-600R.

nskn wrote:

madzazulu wrote:

To use M the Metz should be set to M Servo.

The camera is set to A mode at all times and according to page 91 of the manual both the TTL and M modes of the oly wireless protocol is supported. I think you refer to the "dumb" manual slave mode where one adjust the manual exposure on the flash? I'm refering to the oly wireless protocol M mode.

Do you have a E-M5 and a Metz 50 Af-1?

That is wrong !

I use Metz 58 AF-1 and 2 and they both ( 3 ) work well on E-5 in RC TTL mode M. I divided the 4 flashes into two groups and put them to 1/8 resp. 1/16 power thru the cameras RC menu which works fine.

But it does definitly NOT work on E-P3 and E-M5. Massive failures and 100% eratic outcomes. Let say, each for trash ! It does not even work well in simple TTL mode. A,M,P mode choose whatever you like, rubbish is the outcome when driven in RC TTL mode from E-P3 and E-M5

The flash can do it but something is wrong in the flashes firmware. Hopefully Metz is quick !
--
see more of my work on http://www.klaweide.de ( some NSFW )

NO,No

Metz says : It works, and YES it works on My E-5 but NOT on E-M5 or E-P3 although it should. They use Oly RC protocol. The TTL M mode works fine at this time only on E-5. Let us hope for a quick fix by Metz to solve their RC protocol issue ...

-- hide signature --

see more of my work on http://www.klaweide.de ( some NSFW )

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow