Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Cockfield
Forum ProPosts: 14,292
Like?
New Dell S Series Displays w/IPS Panels and Glossy finish
Sep 25, 2012

I think perhaps I'd seen these mentioned before, and I don't know all of the details about the panel types, other than the 27" specs show a VA panel type, and the specs for the 24" and smaller displays show IPS panel types.

But, I got an e-mail this morning from Dell about them introducing new S Series Displays.

So, for those of you looking for inexpensive displays with good viewing angles, these may be worth considering.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=new_monitors

From what I can see from their descriptions, they have a glossy finish, versus the anti-glare matte finish you see with their UltraSharp series displays. Some people prefer glossy, so these may be an option.

They are not wide gamut displays from what I can see of the specs, but they do use panels with better viewing angles (VA for the 27", IPS for the 24" and smaller) , and should be much better than displays using TN panels.

Connection options are a bit sparse with most (only VGA and HDMI on the 24" and smaller displays). But, since most modern laptops, desktops and video cards have HDMI connections now, that's probably not a problem.

-- hide signature --

JimC

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow