Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,648
Like?
More Captive Wild Cats (70-210mm F4.5) 14 pics
Sep 25, 2012

Here are some more wild kitties from the Northwood Zoo.

I'm repeating my comments on the lens because it was a good find at a good price, basically keep an open eye for this lens.

These were shot with a Magnicon 70-210mm F4.5 AF lens. Don't just discount the 3rd party lenses some of them are rather good, this lens is really a rebadged Tokina, solid metal build, fast focus but not quite as fast as the Pentax F70-210mm F4-5.6. Its an inner zoom design but has a rotating front element for focus. It is parfocal (mostly) this is where the lens stays in focus and you zoom in and out. Its rear element is deep enough that you cane even use sigma teleconverters on it. It has a little CA and some PF but not really horrible and it is easily cleaned up in post. its not as sharp as my Sigma 100-300mm F4 but i wouldn't expect it to be, regardless its decently sharp and may be a bit sharper then the Pentax F70-210mm F4-5.6. It also might have better bokeh then the Pentax F70-210mm F4-5.6. One of the best parts about this lens is i bought it for $50

Here are the photos

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada

"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."

'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow