Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djedi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,761Gear list
Like?
Nikon Service- UNbelieveable
Sep 25, 2012

So I sent in my D800 to Melville, since it back focused with all of my lenses. Most could be corrected in the D800 except my 80-200. That lens was correctable with the D700, though it was right on the edge.

With the D800 it could not find sharp focus. The problem lay partially with the lens and partially with the camera.

That, and 2 recurring hot pixels, as well as a slight left focus point issue made it necessary to send the camera and my 80-200 back to Nikon last Monday.

On Thursday I decided to follow up with a phone call when I received an email stating they received my items with "no problem description". However, the bill for the lens was estimated at $224 plus tax. (For what? What were they fixing?)

I had included photographs illustrating the issues as well as a complete description and what I hoped they would do.

The nice gentleman who answered the phone when I called their service number told me it was too early for him to tell from within the system what the issue was and that he would call me back on Monday (yesterday). That never happened.

This morning (Tuesday) I decided to give them another call. This time another gentleman told me he could not find evidence of any instructions and could I please re-fax them to a certain fax number.
My confidence in Nikon service has just dropped several notches.

What's the point of filling out their service form and adding photos to illustrate the problem if it never gets to the technicians? Or is Nikon purposely losing focus issue documentation so they can continue to say such problems are non-existent? Am I being too cynical?
Wolfgang

Old timer

djedi's gear list:djedi's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Nikon D300 Olympus PEN E-PL3 +12 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow