Flat view
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
Shooting RAW as religious doctrine
Sep 25, 2012

. . . I just finished reading through this thread -

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=42578667

. . . and noticed once again that several responses consisted of the old doctrine that shooting in RAW would solve the OP's problems by giving him more latitude in PP.

. . . There are many of us here who shoot primarily in JPEG and sometimes RAW + JPEG because we just don't want to use RAW processing to get a reasonably good photograph unless the shot is flawed technically. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that and yes I'm serious about my photography at least some of the time. Is there any room here for more than one method of pursuing our interest in photography here?

. . . If someone posts here that they want to use the best in camera settings to to get good quality JPEGs, why can't we all answer as best as we can without the sermonizing about how wonderful it is to use RAW processing?

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow