so what are the wedding/event photographer to choose?

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
theguyny
Regular MemberPosts: 341Gear list
Like?
so what are the wedding/event photographer to choose?
Sep 25, 2012

Hey all, 5dmk2 shooter here. Im a professional and shoot everything except weddings for now.

I have to admit nikon has some interesting offerings as of late and I've been a little tempted but not 100% on the switch. The iq I get from my 5d is amazing most of the time, but once in a while with tough lighting situations I would really love to have the extra dr. My work is 50/50 studio and location for portraits and events. Im torn between staying where I am, getting the d600 or d800. The d800 sounds great, but I am yet to be blown away by any images I have seen. How would this fair as an all around camera? I'm worried that the high mp beast wont be the best for events. Hows the d600 as an all arounder? I would love the d600 sensor in the d800 body. I fear I would miss 8000 sync, cf cards, also I dont know if its true but for long exposures I would need to cover the viewfinder? Also how is the weather sealing and body compared to say the 5d2 or d800? Though its the cheaper body that doesn't mean it cant take a couple knocks right? I suppose its nice to have all these options.
Thanks all

theguyny's gear list:theguyny's gear list
Sigma DP2 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow