Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
digifan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,170
Like?
Re: Also, do not forget the lenses.
In reply to Polariser, Sep 25, 2012

Polariser wrote:

KwhyChang wrote:

My view is that µ4/3 lenses are across the board very sharp wide open, whereas all of my Canon primes are mostly soft wide open, at an often higher price. I have no idea what you are talking about. Full frame bodies and lenses are for the very rich and the very strong..... or the press.

Case in point. My Canon 85 f1.8 $369 (portrait lens) had to be replaced by Canon 85 1.2L. at 5 times the cost $2000.

Whereas the Olympus 45 1.8 at comparable price to the f1.8 Canon is sharp wide open and performs almost like the expensive L lens.

And lets not even talk about calibrating lenses or the difference between CDAF and PDAF where the number of in focus "keepers" is heavily in favor of µ4/3. Talk about cost.... get a grip on reality!

Thank you Great input from a real user. The "calibrating lenses" bit has kept me away from DSLR's.

The 45 is a great lens for a small price.

The Calibrating lenses bit has pushed me over to 43 (E1) back in 2004/2005 and later m43.
I've never experienced any BF/FF with (m)43

I paid dearly to get my expensive L lenses and at that time 20D calibrated to a point where I figured I've had enough of the BS from Canon.

-- hide signature --

Digifan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow