To Landscapers with 5DII

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Saturoldan
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
Decided, 5D3
In reply to Saturoldan, Sep 25, 2012

Hi!

After all the comments, I finally decided to go with 5D3. I need a landscape FF camera, but I need it to be polyvalent too, because, as a nature photographer the opportunities may come at anytime. So it better gets you prepared.

It would not be the first time I’m doing landscapes in high mountain and an ibex herd comes, so I change as fast I can the lens, change ALL the parameters (really much better with Q button!) and go behind the ibex herd. In nature everything changes it one minute, so better take advantage of this. And it´s not a good idea to take 2 bodies to a mountain hiking.

So, knowing this, 5D3 is better than 5d2 for me, although a big part of the time it would show the benefits versus 5D2.

Until now, that polyvalent camera was my 1DIV, but I realized that I really miss the below 24mm range I had enjoyed so much with my EOS 3. I loved UWA, but with 1,3X factor is impossible to get till now (Sigma 12-24 in not an option). Let´s wait for 14-24mm from Canon.

So you all are all right. For day landscapes, 5D2 is the camera, but as an all-terrain and night, the option for me is 5D3. I have to keep saving!

Thank you all!

-- hide signature --

...With the birds I'll Share This Lonely View...

http://www.naturalezaenpausa.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow