Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHOTOJOE55
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
G1X Filter adapter is PLASTIC!
Sep 25, 2012

I don't remember hearing that in the forums or in any of the reviews, but I got the camera last week from J&R, they didn't have the adapter. I bought it today from a local dealer, I opened the box to see it and even the guy at the shop was surprised. A bulky box, but a thin plastic adapter!

I had seen the pictures in the guide of the twin flash units (looked like my Nikon R1), and they have another picture with a ring light. This adapter may be stronger with a filter attached (The adapter is a bayonet mount) but it will only hold a filter. Actually, I think the filter will hold the adapter.I called Canon and found out that there are separate adapters for the twin flash, and another adapter for the ringlight.

I assume that that the plastic adapter will hold the filter, but I would handle it a little carefully. It's not just that everything is an additional cost, but they never said anything about this. It was hard enough just finding out how to attach a filter to the tapered threads. By the way, they had the new book today, Canon Powershot G1 X "The EXPANDED GUIDE" it has the pop out reference card in the back too. Cost $19.95 by David Taylor ... It's a good thing that I got the camera cheap! ... Joe Prete

PHOTOJOE55's gear list:PHOTOJOE55's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D300 +16 more
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow