ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thelordsmurf
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
DAM software replacement for IDImager
Sep 25, 2012

Hi folks,

So I went to start working on photos today and long story short found out that IDImager is dead. Reading on the forums there it seems that people are none too pleased with Photo Supreme as a true DAM tool.

So, I wanted some insights from people. I'm willing to pay money for a tool that is useful, but I imagine it would need to have:

1. Hierarchical keywords

2. Automatic compatibility with XML (and IPTC I guess; which of those do Facebook and Flickr use?) for the keywords and such (and to treat the City, State, Country, Location fields as keywords too)
3. Ability to export to Facebook and Flickr
4. Ability to run searches (5 star pictures of me without person X, etc.)

I had recently been using Picasa for face recognition and then importing that data into IDI; if there is some way to do that it would be great.

Also since my current DAM is IDI, if the new DAM software can import my images and recreate a hierarchical keyword structure that would be nice but I am willing to spend the time to recreate it if it will at least import all the keywords.

I saw some hints that Media Pro 1 fails, that Lightroom 4 fails, that digiKam fails in Windows... I don't even know if ACDSee still exists, etc.

I'd really appreciate some advice on the topic. I looked around but the last few sets of comments on this topic were a few months old, before IDI ended.

Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow