Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
travelinbri_74
Senior MemberPosts: 1,991
Like?
DP1M and DP2M Paradox
Sep 25, 2012

Okay, so I know I am not using the word "paradox" completely correctly.

It seems that the DP1M and DP2M, each the size of a large DSLR lens, could be a traveling landscape photographers delight. Working best at ISO 100 is what landscape photographers often do, and even some of the issues of the DP1M needing to be shot around F8 make sense to landscape photographers who often - not always - use large DOF to capture a scene. As a photo enthusiast who primarily shoots travel photography, I have been looking for big camera quality in the smallest possible form, and while I would prefer a 24 and 85, I could see getting one or both of these cameras.

However, even if you are willing to work with the low ISO and lack of support by lightroom and other editing software, the battery life is a killer for people who are in the mountains days at a time. Even if we could buy extra batteries - and I understand that these aren't sold separately yet - it seems like you would need about 10 of them to start to make up the difference (I used to travel with 3-5 for DSLRs).

This is not a negative post, just me thinking out loud. I am looking to keep my kit small, and very interested in these cameras, but I feel the battery life on the road could be a real killer.

Thoughts?

-TBri

Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow