Sigma Photo Pro and OSX Mountain Lion Problems.

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
streeteyes
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma Photo Pro and OSX Mountain Lion Problems.
In reply to InvernoDreaming, Sep 25, 2012

I just ordered the DP2M and while waiting I downloaded Sigma's latest software version to a October 2011 11" MacBook Air (which I use with a monitor via thunderbolt connector). I also downloaded some X3F Raw Filles just to see what using the software would be like. I have OS Lion on my system and have no witnessed any of the issues you spoke of. Files loaded easily and reviewed easily. And converted nicely to TIFF for further processing (very little) in LR3 which I have. I'm aware of the complaints of processing Raw but, frankly, in my short experience it's lightyears better than raw processing through Photoshop Elements 8.0 which I used before I got Lightroom.

Clearly with 45 MB files having some decent computing horsepower is going to be essential. And the Mac I got with Intel's very speedy i7 processor running at 1.7 Ghz seems to rip through the file like the proverbial hot knife through butter.
--
Life is an infinite series of moments called now. My job is to capture them.

streeteyes's gear list:streeteyes's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow