Moving subjects: are thes pics easy to take with mFT?

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thin_Ice
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
Moving subjects: are thes pics easy to take with mFT?
Sep 24, 2012

Hello,

3 years ago I bought an oly E420. The main selection criteria was its relative small size. Now I think it's to large and heavy for part of my photograpy (travel and mountaineering).

At home I take pictures of my kids in their racing dinghy's. I have an other threat on this in the 4/3 forum. They agree that this is a challenging subject. The main goal is to have good subject isolation, freeze water spray and focus ond the crew's head. They move at speeds between 10 and 15 km/hr (increases with age and boat size). Most of the time I need 150mm at full zoom and do some cropping in post.

How easy are these pictures to take with an OMD or EPL? What would be your gear of choice? I could buy a good compact and a D7000 to fill my needs, or buy in to MFT and/or keep my E420 for a while.

Thanks
Steven

Thin_Ice's gear list:Thin_Ice's gear list
Olympus E-420 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2
Nikon D7000 Olympus E-420 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow