ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eaa
eaa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,839Gear list
Like?
The E-5 - is it really that crappy?
Sep 24, 2012

It's repeatedly stated as a fact, the E-5 is outdated, with its obsolete and crappy sensor. According to the m4/3 evangelists (which for reasons I cannot fathom seems to hate us 4/3 users), all DSLR tech is dead now (yeah, right!). But is it really that bad? I mean, with the E-5's far superior handling over any m4/3 cam, its brilliant big 100% OVF, let alone having the telecentric native 4/3 HG/SHG lenses perfectly compatible and working? And just for the record: I want its size and heft, m4/3 as of now does not play out for me.

But tech marches on, I know...
And all of us E-5 lovers do want an E-7 w/ OMD innards.

But still, here's a fullres pic from the E-5. Just look at the details, there are lots of them, and they come forward almost like 3D (I mean in the foreground forest, the BG is in a haze and a tad out of DOF). To me this is not bad at all. I mean, have we become spoiled perhaps? Hence I can live w/ the E-5 a little longer, till Oly finally releases a new cam that can utilize the HG/SHGs to their full potential.

Well, here goes... taken with a (according to the aforementioned evangelists) hopelessly outdated camera, with its crappy old sensor, hand held, using a lousy 2-axis IBIS. But still..:

E-5, ZD ED 35-100 @68mm, F7.1, 1/160s IS1, ISO 200, hand held:

-- hide signature --
 eaa's gear list:eaa's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow