Olympus Pen Body useful for legacy manual lenses?

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Albert Voss
Regular MemberPosts: 347
Like?
Olympus Pen Body useful for legacy manual lenses?
Sep 24, 2012

Most problems I have with my old Panasonic G1 is with portraits in low light, I dare not to raise ISO over 800 because of the obvious degradation and do not have fast MFT glass. I do not have any dedicated portrait lens as the Olympus 45mm 1,8 so far and unfortunately even then (or with any other better Panasonic body) I would not have any stabilization as neither the lens nor the bodies have it. I have quite some decent old manual "normal" fast primes (from 1,2 to 2,0 from 38mm to 58mm), and even longer.

Would it be useful to buy an older Pen body for these manual lenses to gain the boost from IBIS in available light / low light situations (especially to avoid flash) or should I simply buy the 45mm (and a little bit better body for low light as the G5) and practically forget my old portrait lenses for this purpose?

(The obvious advice to change the body to an Olympus OM-D is much to expensive for me, and for ergonomic reasons I woul rather wait for the GH3 body from Panasonic.)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow