Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
gdanmitchell
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,730
Like?
Re: To Landscapers with 5DII
In reply to Saturoldan, Sep 24, 2012

Saturoldan wrote:

Hi all!

Do you think that 5dII has everything you need for Landscape photography? If you had the bucks to change to 5DIII, would you buy 5DIII or invest it in lens?

I have a 5D2 that I've used for close to four years. I was watching the 5D3 announcements with the possibility in mind that the new camera might be something that would convince me to upgrade.

I think the 5D3 is an excellent camera, from everything I read and see. It improves on some aspects of the 5D2 that made the earlier body a bit less appealing to certain kinds of shooters. If I were buying a new Canon full-frame body and money was not a limiting factor, I would probably get it - especially as the prices begin to soften - and occasionally find the upgraded features useful.

However, for most of the photography that I do - a great deal of landscape, but also a number of other subjects - the improvements in the 5D3 over the 5D2 do not amount to much and certainly don't seem worth the additional cost. Even though I was ready to move to a newer body at the time of the announcement, there is virtually nothing that it can do that my 5D2 can't do just as well for this sort of photography.

Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow